Grey Chevron

Sunday, August 25, 2013

P-Day E-mail-August 19, 2013

Hi Everyone!
Here is a neat experience Rachel shared in her last letter...

"Sister Logan and I went to Kayla's house, a LARC (recent convert).  She is 12 her sister Dana is 13. Dana knows that the church is true and we are teaching her.  Jason, her dad, was outside with us. Kayla, Dana, Jason, Sister Logan and I. We were reading out of the book of Mormon 1 Nephi 9 and 10. I believe in chapter 10, it was about no unclean thing can enter into the kingdom of god-intense stuff.  Jason's mom came outside, she was listening to what we were reading.  At the end she asked "It has been forever since I've been to church but what is the Holy Ghost?" After we told her we finished the chapter. We felt the spirit. When it was time to pray Kayla and Dana were fighting and trying to get the other one to say the prayer.  Jason volunteered. When he said " Amen" Sister Logan and I looked up at each other and smiled, it was a heartfelt prayer. He never has said a prayer with us and here is where the awesome part is-- His mom looked up and said "That was a special moment for me I have never in my life heard my son pray. That was a special moment."

"This week is transfers.  In 24 hours actually!  Sister Logan is going to Lacy. She was "born" in Olympia. Which is right next to Lacy. She is excited to be Sister Esplin's companion.  My Companion will be Sister Davis.  I am glad I can stay in this area with Sister Davis and continue working with our investigators."

No comments:

Post a Comment