Grey Chevron

Monday, August 26, 2013

P-day E-mail-August 26, 2013



Saying Good-bye to Sister Logan on Transfer Day!

Dear friends and family,

Last Monday was Sister Logan and my last p-day. It was awesome got to see Sister Logan play her favorite. sport. SOCCER! so fun playing soccer with everyone. I took pictures.  It was good. I enjoyed every minute.

Tuesday-TRANSFER DAY-  Had ups and downs. I was so down in the dumps because Sister Logan was leaving. I helped her pack, and everything was going good- but I have to say the highlight of that day wasn't getting a HUG from her- it was her freaking out about a huge spider! ha ha. I love her! I'll miss killing spiders for her. ;/  I was exhausted by the end of the night. Sister Davis is my new companion. We had dinner with the Farrington's. Sister Farrington is one of the sweetest people I have met. She is married. She is so strong. When I left I made a mental note to bring chocolate ice cream for her birthday tomorrow. I love her. 
 
Wednesday-Was good. Studied. Went and saw Dana and Kayla and Jason and his wife so they could meet Sister Davis. Went to the Bishop's house to introduce Sister Davis.
 
Thursday-We went and saw a lady named Jane. I thought she wanted to learn about the restoration - boy we were in for a suprise. Jane really just wanted to compare religions. We did our best, and Sister Davis made her realize that we weren't going to join her church. Sister Davis kindly said that if she took our invitation to read the Book of Mormon and had questions to give us a call. That was a moment I will never forget-Eye opening for me. 
 
Friday-Went to Dana and Kayla's to teach the whole family the plan of salvation. Went really well. They had questions at the end and we are going back very soon to answer those questions the best we can. Tried to set up appointment with a girl named Amber she was asleep. We'll try to get her again later.
 
Saturday- Was a good day. We called Ted a new new contact to see when he wanted to go to the Family History Center to do genealogy work for his family. Had dinner with Leslie- I love her. Sister Davis loved her too. Shared a message about being in tune with the spirit. ( At district meeting we learned about being in tune and removing the radio's and walls so you can always have the spirit with you.) She loved it. Took pizza home. I have ranch waiting at home so I was happy.
 
HIGHLIGHT OF THE WHOLE WEEK!!!! you ready?! I hope you are!
 
SUNDAY August 25th- Meetings went good. Austin and Andrew and Alexis ( there mom is Alexis.) came to church!!! Alexis hasn't been able to get a Sunday off to come to church because she works at a hospital. I was so happy to see them there. I talked with her for a long time. Ping and John's last Sunday was today. I was so sad, but so inspired and spiritually lifted up at their talks. Ping recent convert (July) is from China and its hard for her to speak English. When she bore her testimony I could hear and understand her completely. I was so grateful for her willingness to stand up, I knew how scared she was. John, her husband, spoke about spiritual nourishment how we can nourish our bodies. nourish means to constantly keep going. keep reading scriptures, pray with quality not quantity! I loved that "Pray with quality not, quantity." That stuck out to me. I want to INVITE you to look in your life and see where you can improve. Don't  just plan. Make a plan then ACT on it! Easier said than done? I know. Get down on your knees and ask sincerely and tell your heavenly father your desires what you want to change, what you can do better. I promise he will answer. He has answered me in ways I didn't expect. 
The BEST part!
Sister Davis and I studied after church till 2:45 then went to dinner to the Taylor's (that is an awesome family) Around 4:30 we went to see Kerri. For those of you who don't know, Kerri has been investigating the church since this last February, I think. She comes to church every Sunday. attends the activities. When we were talking small talk and there was a pause, Sister Davis said " Kerri have you thought more about baptism." she said "yes".  I felt prompted and reminded to ask Kerri how the reading the assignment Sister Logan and I gave her was going.  I was scared to ask but, I wanted to know if she had read so I asked her " Kerri did you read?" She hesitated. " I couldn't read all of it. I read some if it.  I read 1 Nephi chapters 1-5." She said that she noticed a change in her life. Things were going better for her. I said. " Kerri Heavenly Father wants to continually bless you. I am so proud of you reading and seeing that you are receiving blessings." she smiled and nodded. We asked what she thought about setting a date to be baptized. Kerri is On-Date for September 1st!!! This next Sunday!  I didn't start with her but I'm one of  MANY missionaries that helped get her where she is. I am so grateful to Heavenly Father to help her realize that the time is now to be BAPTIZED!

Highlights of this last week!
I am so grateful to my Father in Heaven!
"You need to show the lord how much you are willing to work before he will help you and help the people realize when they are ready to be baptized into the church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints."
I hope all of you had a great week last week!
I hope you have a great week this week!
love,
Sister Fabis 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment