Grey Chevron

Monday, July 29, 2013

July 29, 2013-E-mail

Dear Family and Friends,

The highlights from this last week-summarized version!
 
Last Tuesday, July 23rd, I went on exchanges with Sister Packard. I love her! She is sweet and fun and bubbly and full of love! We had an amazing day. I taught the 2nd half of the Restoration with Sister Packard to Kris. Kris is amazing. He got in a accident a while ago and he loved hearing about the rest of the Restoration (they had taught him the first half earlier in the month). We challenged him to keep praying and his answer will come.
 
Later that day we taught "A" and "S" (a couple). Our Bishop says "They are golden".  "A" wants to raise his baby in the gospel and so does "S". I was s excited to teach them. We taught the Restoration. I felt the need to bear my testimony on Joseph Smith, that he really is a true prophet and the restored gospel is on the earth. I also said that Jesus Christ suffered and died for us.  We invited them to find out for themselves if this was the true church. I felt during the invitation, I should invite them to pray to see if they should be baptized as well. I was scared, but I opened my mouth and found the courage to invite them to pray to know if the church was true and to pray about being baptized on August 6th. They said YES! I couldn't believe it! They were happy and glad we came. I couldn't stop smiling for a long time. I knew Sister Packard felt the spirit so strong! It was an awesome lesson and an awesome day with Sister Packard! I learned so much in the 24 hours with her!
 
Last Thursday was Park day! Everyone in the mission who has a car doesn't use them. We walked around University Place seeing people we were planing to see. I tried to stay upbeat and focus on the good things.  By the end of the day when I got in the car, I was and am SO grateful we have a car!
 
Those were some highlights of this week! I love you all! Hope you have a great week! Didn't have a lot of time this week! love you lots!
 
Love,
Sister Fabis

No comments:

Post a Comment