Grey Chevron

Sunday, July 7, 2013

The First E-mail July 4

 
I have been counting down the days and hours to being able to write home to you! I have so much I want to say, but I don´t have a lot of time.
My 1st day was crazy but good! I remember my brain turning to mush by the end of the day. Waking up was super hard! its way easier now. 
Let me answer your questions first. 
1. Sister Miller is from Fairbanks Alaska. I really like her we are getting along well.
2. I am staying on the MTC main campus.
3. In my district- Elder Pasquale, Elder Slavens, Elder Lott, Elder Bradshaw, and today, Elder Giles is in our district because he has medical stuff to take care of. He is really helpful to have around.  He helped me figure out the washing machine today. Sister Miller, Sister Smith, Sister Thompson, Sister Payton, and Sister Casaday. I love all the sisters!! I love all their personalities!
4. I have mainly two teachers- Bro. Durrant and Brother Mitsvotai. Elder Gonzalez, Bro. Roberts ( he has a cool accent!!), and Sister Murfy help supervise and do some teaching too.
5.  Like I said in my letter, I have seen SO many people I know! Elder Goronson and Elder Whitlock I have seen many times. Sister Kennedy ( FHE sister 1st semester BYU-I)  Sister Duffin ( Amanda´s roommate at BYU and we went to high school together.) Elder Clover ( High school) he left this week I think. Elder Badder ( High school Social Dance), and Sister Slater and her friend I can´t remember her name right now (they went to SHHS too).
 
My one and only P-day is today on the 4th of July! I seriously am loving it!  I am sad the temple is closed, its okay though, maybe we will get to clean the temple. Some missionaries are doing that, and that would be cool.
 
I can´t tell you how grateful I am getting letters from you! I love it! I have been making notes of what I want to tell you and what I've been learning and doing. Here´s a few things...  
 
Friday, June 28th-The fire alarm woke us up at 6:25 a.m. lost five minutes of precious sleep. Later that day Sister Miller and I studied in PMG The Gospel of Jesus Christ I´´m pretty sure we taught the gospel of Jesus Christ to Brad (Investigator) later that day
Saturday, June 29th-First day of Gym was on the 29th-really good. I love Volleyball, I play every chance I get.
Sunday, June 30th-We watched a video ¨ Character of Christ¨. I have been dying to tell you this so bad! I want you to look it up, its by Elder Bednar. Really good!  Watch it together as soon as you can.
On Sunday it was really different from regular Sundays at home, but still good. We all had to prepare a 2 minute talk on Repentance. This next week is on the Atonement. It was really really nice leaving the MTC and going on a walk to the TEMPLE!! It was so fun taking pics and talking and seeing others enjoying being on the temple grounds! I´m looking forward to this next Sunday's walk. 
Monday, July 1st-We did service!! was at building 19 at 6:05 a.m. It felt good to serve. Later that day I found out that I got a package I was looking forward to opening it later that day. Thank you so much my companion said thank you ;).  This also was the first day we taught Barbara (new investigator) got to know her. She is such a sweet older lady. She was all festive and ready for the 4th of July!
Tuesday, July 2nd-Talked to Elder Whitlock . When we taught Brad (investigator) about the pre-mortal life- we didn´t do very well. It was a learning experience. It´s hard to plan and prepare lessons to teach and apply and plan what your going to say to address investigator's needs! I thought this would be easier but, it's OK. Opposition in all things ( 2 Nephi 2). We had Devotional and I sang Faith of our Fathers- really a spiritual experience!
 
Well my time is up. I love you all so much! Miss my dog too. It´s been a great week I am working and studying so hard! I´m grateful when we can exercise so I can clear my head ;) I´m excited to get on a plane and to see beautiful Tacoma!! Last but not least, I want to tell you I have been taking a pic a day- its been great! I am Loving serving the Lord and being here. There is no other place I want to be! I love you !!!!!
 
Sister Fabis

No comments:

Post a Comment